- MetaMask extension installed on the browser
- At least one wallet created or imported
Connecting MetaMask to Avalanche
Switch the connected blockchain by clicking on the tab saying Main Ethereum Network, we need to add Avalanche.
Scroll down until you find Add Network.
Enter in the Avalanche mainnet settings as follows:
- Network name: Avalanche Network
- RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- Chain ID: 0xa86a
- Currency: AVAX
- Block Explorer URL: https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/
You have now connected to the Avalanche Mainnet with your Metamask Wallet!
Transactions on Avalanche requires AVAX which will be used as gas fee.
AVAX is the native token of the Avalanche platform and is used to secure the network through staking, pay for fees, and provide a basic unit of account between the multiple subnetworks created on the Avalanche platform.