- MetaMask extension installed on the browser
- At least one wallet created or imported
Connecting MetaMask to Binance Smart Chain
Switch the connected blockchain by clicking on the tab saying Main Ethereum Network, we need to add Binance Smart Chain.
Scroll down until you find Add Network.
Enter in the Binance Smart Chain settings as follows:
- Network name: Binance Smart Chain
- RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- Chain ID: 56
- Currency: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
You have now connected to the Binance Smart Chain Mainnet with your Metamask Wallet!
Transactions on the Binance Smart Chain requires BNB which will be used as gas fee.
BNB is used to settle transaction fees on the Binance Smart Chain. In addition, it has other utility in the Binance ecosystem including discounts on trading fees when trading on Binance, exclusive token sales on the Binance launchpad, BNB staking rewards and more.