How to setup MetaMask for Polygon (MATIC) Network
In this guide, we explain how to setup Metamask for Polygon network.
- MetaMask extension installed on the browser
- At least one wallet created or imported
Connecting MetaMask to Polygon
Switch the connected blockchain by clicking on the tab saying Ethereum Mainnet , we need to add Polygon.
Scroll down until you find Add Network.
Enter in the Polygon settings as follows:
- Network name: Polygon Mainnet
- RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- Chain ID: 137
- Currency: MATIC
- Explorer: https://polygonscan.com/
You have now connected to the Polygon Mainnet with your Metamask Wallet!
Transactions on the Polygon network requires MATIC which will be used as gas fee.
Buy MATIC on Binance or Bybit and get up to 20% discount on trading fees when you trade cryptocurrencies.
For updates and special announcements, follow our Instagram (@stakingbits) and join our community on Telegram.